Gooey Flourless Fudge Brownies is a recipe for grain free, dairy free, nut free brownies. Yes, delicious Gooey Flourless Fudge Brownies.
(Note: This is a Thermomix recipe – see end of page for tips for making this without a Thermomix)
Gluten and Casein Free and Nut Free too!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 200g dark, dairy free chocolate (I use either Green & Black’s 70% cocoa chocolate which ‘may contain traces of dairy’, or Loving Earth dark chocolate which is completely dairy free)
- 130g raw Medjool dates, pitted
- 180g organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- 30g coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line a 22cm square baking dish with baking paper. I use ‘If You Care’ baking paper, which is non-toxic.
- Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) into the mixing bowl and mill for 10 sec/speed 9.
- Add the dates to the bowl and chop 15 sec /speed 10.
- Add the coconut oil and cook 5 mins / 60C / speed 2.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 20 sec / speed 8. Scrape down lid and sides of bowl and mix another 10 sec/speed 6.
- Scrape mixture into a lined, square baking dish. Bake in preheated 190C oven for 18-20 mins. Be careful not to overcook or they won’t be gooey! Just until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into small squares, and refrigerate until cold.
If you don’t have a Thermomix, you’ll need to finely chop the chocolate and dates (in a food processor if you have one) and melt together over a double boiler with the coconut oil, whisking until smooth.
Then stir in the remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon.
For more quirky cooking follow Jo Whitton, at Quirky Cooking